Did you know that you can use your Android or iPhone as a keyboard for your PlayStation 4? Typing with a controller isn’t the most intuitive experience that you can get and Sony recognizes this issue and hence they allow users to use their Android and iOS phones or devices to type on their PlayStation 4.
This is done by getting the official PlayStation app on your Android or iOS device which lets you remotely control your PS4 without you being there with it. We can utilize this in order to type with our smartphones or tablets running Android or iOS.
Use Your Android or iPhone as PS4 Keyboard
To go ahead and get this done with your iPhone or Android phone, you first need to download the official PlatStation app. Download it from the links below.
After you have downloaded the app for your respective smartphone, just go ahead and open it and follow the steps given below.
- As soon as the app has loaded, you will be asked to log in to your PSN account.
- Log in to your PSN account and the app will take you to the app’s home screen.
- Now, on the bottom left corner, tap on Connect to PS4.
- You will have to then select Second Screen.
- On your PlayStation 4, you need to go to Settings > PlayStation App connection settings > Add device.
- On your phone, refresh the second screen page and you should now see your PS4 in on the screen.
- Now enter the code that is displayed on your PlayStation 4 on the phone and tap on Register.
- As soon as you enter the code, the phone will be connected to your PlayStation 4.
- Now, the Second Screen option has a keyboard icon which when you tap on will let you type on your PS4 with your Android or iOS device.
The keyboard icon is displayed on the top left part of the screen inside the PlayStation App. The app lets you do a lot more things and you can do more than just typing.
You can also remotely control your PS4 using your phone with the app and that works seamlessly no matter where you are and where your PlayStation 4 is.
Typing with a controller is a very tiring process and just buying a keyboard so that you can use it with your PlayStation 4 doesn’t make any sense at all and this is why Sony lets you type on your PlayStation 4 with the official PlayStation app.
The app also lets you interact with your friends and their updates and works like a PSN social network app for your Android and iPhone.