It’s not impossible to turn off live video notifications on Facebook. And, you can easily achieve this nirvana in just three steps.
Initially, I loved the Facebook Live feature when it was available to selected profiles only. The moment it was made available to everyone, the app was flooded with Live Video notifications. So, it’s important to learn how to put a stop to this particular feature without affecting your interaction with other videos on the platform.
Before you move ahead with the procedure, there is an alternate option I wish to pass on.
You can either turn off Live video for all Facebook pages and profiles or you can do it for selected ones. Whichever is your choice, I’m covering both.
Turn Off Facebook Live Video for Selected Profiles
The procedure mentioned below will help you put a stop to live notification from selected Facebook profiles. It’s a good way to keep yourself entertained with broadcasting content from your favorite profiles and pages while keeping away the boring ones.
- Step 1 – Open the Facebook app/website and login to your social profile.
- Step 2 – Long tap on the Live Video notification from a particular profile/page. In the case of Laptop/Desktop, there is a three-dot option to trigger the same long-tap menu.
- Step 3 – Now you’ll have an option to disable these notifications, as you can see in the screenshot above.
The only downside of this method is that there is no bulk selection option.
Turn Off Live Video on Facebook for All Profiles
In case you’re not interested in watching any of the broadcasts, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Step 1 – Login to the Facebook account from laptop/desktop (as this option is not available for the mobile app) and move into the Settings.
- Step 2 – Navigate to the Notifications setting and click on Edit in front of the On Facebook option.
- Step 3 – Here you’ll have a section for Live Videos. From the switch, select All off option.
All done. This is how you can put a stop on those FB broadcast notifications.
If you still have any queries, mention them in the comment section below.