Looking for the ultimate gaming and streaming router? Check out the D-Link AC5300 flagship, a router that delivers the ultimate performance. The kind of performance people look for when it comes to the most demanding tasks like 4K video streaming, hardcore gaming, multiple device capabilities and more. What is this router? It is the D-Link AC5300 Ultra Wi-Fi Router (DIR-895L/R).
Table of Contents - Article Hierarchy
Superb Tri-Band Wireless Capabilities
With the advancement in technology, we come to see more and more Tri-band Wi-Fi tech and, of course, it is present in this router. The “top speed” of the D-Link flagship is 5,332Mbps, equivalent to 1,000 Mbps on the 2.4GHz band, 2,166 Mbps on the first 5GHz band and 2,166 Mbps on the second 5GHz. Thanks to 4×4 data streams that can be created through beamforming and MU-MIMO technology the router offers dependable connections and wide coverage. That means that everyone at home can now enjoy 4K streaming and gaming with zero lag on multiple devices.
There are 8 high-performance external antennas with high-power amplifiers providing enhanced Wi-Fi ranges and signal stability anywhere in your home or office. Wi-Fi bands are not always the same but that’s not a problem when you have Smart Connect Technology. The D-Link AC5300 picks and designates from the 3 Wi-Fi bands available and automatically connects each device on your network to the optimum unobstructed signal accessible for the best connection every time you connect. Known as Band Steering usually, it automatically assigns devices to less crowded 5 GHz networks to increase bandwidth efficiency and accessibility. Through Tri-band technology, this router offers the ability to decrease wireless interference and congestion, allowing you to connect more devices with ease and great performance.
D-Link DIR-895L Features
The D-Link DIR-895L AC5300 has a dual-core processor that improves multitasking and computing power. It boosts throughput speeds for all of your devices in use. The router also has Advanced Smart Beam Forming, which means that it enhances the signal coverage by allocating bands to your devices on the go around your home. Basic things you can do with this device are HD Video Streaming, Surfing the Internet, communicating with friends on social media platforms and Online Gaming with the best experience and zero lagging.
The D-Link DIR-895L AC5300 has a new and improved user interface. It enables you to control your network with ease by permitting parental controls, blocking unwanted devices, monitoring internet activity. It has the ability to create Wi-Fi guest networks as well.
Traffic Prioritization is built in the router with an Advanced QoS engine that guarantees optimum performance for apps that require high priority like gaming and movie streaming. A good feature of this router is what they call Airtime Fairness. It means that the router automatically adjusts data rates to steer clear of network lagging devices that use a slower connection to it.
D-Link DIR-895L Specifications:
- Combined tri-band wireless speeds of up to 5.3 Gbps1
- MU-MIMO offers high-bandwidth Wi-Fi signal to multiple devices at the same time.
- Advanced Wireless AC beamforming dramatically enhances wireless signal strength and throughput
- Enhanced SmartConnect feature prevents older devices from affecting optimal performance
- Gigabit WAN and LAN ports for high-speed wired connections
- Two USB ports to connect storage drives and printers for sharing
- Remotely view and manage your network over the Internet
- MyDlink Lite mobile app allows you to access, manage and view your network remotely
Advanced Quality of Service (QoS)
- Band steering efficiently balances the data load between the 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless bands
- Airtime fairness optimally adjusts the data rate of wireless clients for the best performance
- WPA & WPA2 wireless encryption protects the network from intruders
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) securely adds devices to your network at the push of a button
- 802.11 ac/n/g/b/a Wireless LAN
- Four 10/100/1000 Gigabit LAN Ports
- 10/100/1000 Gigabit WAN Port Mode Switch (Router/Extender)
- Mode Switch (Router/Extender)
- One USB 3.0 Port
- One USB 2.0 Port
- Guest zone
- My D-link SharePort™ web access
- Multi-language web setup wizard
- Advanced AC SmartBeam
- Dual active firewall
- Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI)
- VPN Passthrough (PPTP/L2TP/IPsec)
- Advanced QoS
- QuickVPN – L2TP over IPsec
- Remote Management
- View current upload/download bandwidth
- View currently connected clients
- View web browsing history per client
- Block/unblock client network access
- Manage wireless network details
- Accessible through a web browser or iOS or Android mobile app
Mobile App Support
- mydlink Lite
- mydlink SharePort
- QRS Mobile v1.5
- WPA & WPA2 (Wi-Fi Protected Access)
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) PIN/PBC
Overall this is a top performing router with a high price tag. There are plenty of competitors out there so it is best to check out our best router guide and decide for yourself. You can’t go wrong with the D-Link AC flagship though, especially if it is within your budget.