iOS 11 is the eleventh major operating system for iPhone and iPad users developed by prominent brand Apple Inc. It was introduced back in 2017. It hooked eye of all by it’s appealing features like App switcher, Dock, Split View, Drag and Drop interfaces great for multitasking.
Such a superfluity of multi functional features is standout in itself. Unlike many operating systems, iOS 11 is totally free with compatible hardware.
Also Read: How to close Apps on iPhone X
If you have an iPhone or iPad and still you facing issues in handily iOS 11 App Switcher. Then stay tuned to this page. It is easy to use; with little knowledge, you can become a master. Without much ado let’s begin.
Before you begin with the usage of iOS 11 App Switcher know more https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_11
Table of Contents - Article Hierarchy
- Chief Features of iOS 11:
- Accessing iOS 11 App Switcher on iPhone via Home Button:
- Accessing iOS 11 App Switcher on iPhone without Home Button:
- Accessing App Switcher on iPad:
- Using Background App Refresh:
Chief Features of iOS 11:
Major changes have been made in iOS 11. They are:
- Combined Lock screen and Notification Center.
- Control Center Pages are unified gaining custom settings.
- Direct access through in cloud services and file storage in the file manager.
- Updated “Siri”, it can change the language, “on-device” learning ability and better interacting.
- The camera had enhanced portrait modes for better pictures and encoding technology has reduced file load.
- The operating system is augmented with dock, split view, drag, and drop features etc.
Supported Devices for iOS 11 are:
- iPhone: iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, 6S and 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, 7S, and 7 Plus, iPhone 8, 8 Plus and iPhone X
- iPad: iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad 2017, iPad 2018, iPad Mini 2, 3 and 4, iPad Pro 9.7 inch and more
- iPod: iPod Touch sixth generation
Accessing iOS 11 App Switcher on iPhone via Home Button:
To activate the app switcher you cannot swipe from the bottom of your screen as you do in your iPad (If you have older iPhones). Instead, you only have one function left i.e. double tapping your home button. Once you press it, all the applications run on your phone will show. Look how the screen looks:
Scroll through the applications and open the one you were looking for. Similarly, your app will come down and you can work on it.
It is a handy feature by which you can force quit the applications that run on the background. It’s a time saver between switching apps. iOS 11 App switchers are high on productivity when you have large files buried under deep layers.
Accessing iOS 11 App Switcher on iPhone without Home Button:
If you have the latest iPhone handset then you can open app switcher by the illustrated way:
- Swipe up from the bottom of your screen (As you do on your iPad) and stop in the core.
- You have actually engaged the app switcher though you may get confused a bit, don’t be.
- Lift your finger and boom your App Switcher has popped up on your screen.
- Swipe through the apps tapping one by one or close them.
Method 3: Easily Swipe Between Apps on iPhone:
If you do not want to use App Switcher and want to swipe easily through applications, do the needful:
- Locate the bar at the bottom of the screen
- Swipe right on the bar and open the recently used app.
- Continue swiping in either direction to clasp between the apps.
Method 4: Switching Between Open App Faster than Before:
The way you hold your iPhone is something that pays off for this last gesture to be faster. The above techniques require a bottom rim gesture that requires the least precision. But if you a sloppy handler like me, this feature will work for you too.
Just flick bottom left or bottom right corner to make the switch. This makes switching between apps faster than standard swipe method.
Accessing App Switcher on iPad:
There are three ways to access App Switcher on iPad. They are:
- First way: Swipe from the bottom of your screen and leave it halfway.
- Use forefingers in an upward direction to open the app switcher
- Double press Home button.
App Switcher comprises both Control Center and App Spaces. It makes your task effortless. Earlier Multitasking view and vertical scrolling were present. But now it is replaced by additional upgraded functions.
The functional interface has been upgraded with new apps that can be seen horizontally. Last View configuration is what appears on your screen now.
**Note: If you have Bluetooth Keyboard or a Smart Keyboard paired with your iPad and you want to switch between apps: Press Command and Tap simultaneously.
Quitting Applications on iPad:
- Double press Home button.
- Launch App Switcher.
- Swipe up through the display to quit the application.
Using Background App Refresh:
When you switch between applications on your iPhone or iPad some apps run for a shorter time and stops. Apps get suspended, in this state; they are not in working mode. They do not open or take system resource. To activate them, refresh your background app.
It will start checking for updates and new content. To use Background App Refresh, go to:
Settings> General> Background App Refresh> Turn On
Turning off unnecessary applications saves battery. Once you quit from the respective application in Background App Refresh in will not show any updates.
Are you an iOS 11 user? What’s your take on it? Let us know in the comment section.