An alarm is one of the devices that you may need for a lifetime. This is because they are there to help manage your time, a virtue that will inevitably require if at all you to achieve anything in life. The beauty of it is that with a window 10 computer you will not need to look for any other gadget to act as your alarm. Here is all you need to enjoy alarm services in your windows 10 computer. The main aim of alarm and clock application in windows 10 is to add additional features to the custom inbuilt system clock. In a nutshell, it is just a vivid sign of Microsoft accomplishing its universal apps plan.
How to Use and Set Alarms in Windows 10
- Step 1: To make use of the alarms in windows 10, you first need to access them from the Alarms and clocks utility which is quite easy. First, click on the start menu and point the cursor at the ‘All Apps’ section and on right-clicking, you should see the ‘Alarms & Clock’ at the top as shown in image 1. Alternatively, you could do a quick search for the Alarms and clocks from the search box in the start menu at the bottom, where it is normally written ‘Search the Web and Windows’.
- Step 2: Once you right-click the ‘Alarms & Clock’ tab, you are directed to a window with a number of tabs including Alarms. World Clock, Timer and Stopwatch. If you click on the Alarm tab, you should see an option to either turn off or on the already existing alarms by toggling the button which is to the right. To create a new alarm, you need to click the plus button (illustrated in image 2 using a red arrow) which is located on the bottom right corner of the window.
- Step 3: After clicking the new alarm button, you need to scroll down to set a specific time for your preferred alarm. After that, you can configure additional properties like giving the alarm a custom name. Additionally, you can choose the days which you need the alarm on and your proffered sound. The snooze button gives the alarm a property of repeating in case it wasn’t heard.
- Step 4: After completing all the settings, remember to click the save button to ensure that the alarm is saved and activated. After the alarm is saved, it is enabled by default and appears in the existing alarms list as in image 3. Just like any other alarm, you can either turn it on or off.
- Step 5: Once an alarm is activated, a notification is given above the tray of the windows system (as shown in image 4). There is a dismiss option to enable you to stop the alarm sound if need be. Alternatively, you can snooze the alarm to your preferred duration after which the alarm will be reactivated.
- Step 7: Finally, if you do not want a certain alarm, there is an option of you removing it from the list of available alarms. To do so, first select the specific alarm that you wish to delete. A delete button as illustrated in image 5 below shall appear. Click on the button to have the alarm permanently deleted from the alarms list.