NVIDIA is a software that makes use of NVIDIA graphic cards. New and updated versions of the drivers are made available on the internet hence it becomes important to install those drivers to make your device perform at its best. On the contrary, it does not matter if you do not install them; your device will function properly, but it just would not be able to work effectively.
Method 1: Step by Step Procedure on How to Update NVIDIA Drivers on Windows 10
Doing a manual update of the NVIDIA graphic drivers mean that you will perform all the work of updating and installing, yourself. You will give commands to your device and it will just follow your lead. Therefore, in this case, you must be extremely careful in feeding commands to allow efficient completion of the operation.
Firstly, you should open ‘The Direct X Diagnostic Tool’ (which is the fastest way to get access to your graphic card model).
- Begin by pressing WIN+R. Then press d*diag
- After that, click on the tab which has ‘Display’ written over it. There, look for ‘Chip Type’ entry. Once found, note it down somewhere because that is your graphic card model.
- Then click on the ‘System’ Check if the operating system of your device is working on the 32-bit or 64-bit of the Window’s version, proceed in case of a yes, otherwise do not.
If you already know your graphic card model then skip this part and just proceed to the next part.
Updating NVIDIA on your own might be a bit hectic but not really if you are doing it with the right driver. Surprisingly, with the use of the right driver, it becomes hassle-free and quite easy.
- To start the process, firstly search for the drivers from the official NVIDIA website. Once you are presented with a list of drivers, it becomes your choice which driver you choose. In case of selecting GeForce Driver, you will be forwarded to visit the website: NVIDIA GeForce Driver Download from where you can download the driver.
- Here, make sure you choose the appropriate’ Product type, Product series, Product Model’ and operating system for your driver. Upon plugging in the correct information, you will hopefully land on the best fit driver for your computer.
- After clicking on search, choose your graphics card and then you will arrive at this page where an option of downloading the driver will be available. Here, click on the download button to let the procedure continue.
- Once done, save the driver on your device and start the installation to get the updated version of the driver.
- However, do not forget to make a manual backup of all the files available on your gadget to avoid losing any data while updating the driver; if the data remains saved on your device, then in case of some data loss it will provide you with an option to restore files.
Method 2: UPDATE NVIDIA DRIVERS USING GEFORCE EXPERIENCE
The second way to update the NVIDIA driver on Windows 10 is by making use of ‘GeForce Experience’. If it is your first time at updating this driver then you may find it a tad bit tricky but if you are used to it, then it can be done in a click of your finger. On the other hand, beginners who find this entire procedure difficult, do not freak out because I have simplified the entire process for you. Just follow the steps provided and you will be done with this NVIDIA driver update in no time.
- If you’re a new user, then start by making an account on the website using ‘Create Account’ below, otherwise if you’re a regular visitor of the page then sign in using your email address and password. However, if you don’t want to make an account on the page and cannot bear the burden of remembering new passwords then just log in to the website using Google, Facebook, WeChat and QQ accounts and continue.
- If you click on ‘Create an Account’, then you’ll be forwarded to this page where you must plug in your authentic information accordingly.
- Furthermore, you must download and install the GeForce Experience program from the official website of NVIDIA. Once done with the installation and launching the program, check for updates to get started.
- Now go over to the Drivers tab and look for pending updates, if there are updates available then continue otherwise skip the provided procedure.
- When the update is not automatically installed by the GeForce Experience program in that situation click on ‘Download Driver’ to download the updates available.
- After that, choose the ‘Express Installation’ option to move further. However, some more professional users may select the ‘Custom’ option which allows an individual to download all its preferred drivers but the options are more or less the same, so it is completely fine if you opt for either one of them.
- Now sit back and wait for some time for the driver to fully get installed. During this time, your screen may blackout or start flickering but you should not worry because it is a normal thing to happen when the drivers get installed. So, in short, do not panic and stay calm.
- Now click on the system restore to save the existing information on your gadget as a safety measure. Although this part may seem unnecessary but believe me, it will save you from great trouble that lay ahead.
SOLUTION 3: UPDATING USING WINDOWS UPDATE
Often at times the NVIDIA automatically gives an update notification along with the Window’s update.
- So in this situation, all that one is required to do is go to ‘Settings’.
- In the options given, select ‘Update and Security’.
- Here, click on the ‘Windows Update’ option to update the NVIDIA driver.
- To update NVIDIA, click on the ‘Update’ or ‘Download’ option given below the update’s notification. Like this one.
- Before updating make sure you manually update your data to save yourself from the trouble of losing everything dear to you like important documents, images, videos, audios etcetera. Well, neglecting this part will bring you no harm but performing this step will save you from impending danger.