Have you ever tried knocking your browser to run multiple Gmail accounts on it? If yes, then you must know then it’s something possible. Using multiple Gmail accounts in one browser may it be Firefox, Chrome, or Safari, is a big hassle: you have to first log out from the existing account and then log in to the new one to get the job done. In a nutshell, it seems hopeless for one to run multiple Gmail accounts using a single browser.
However now, when technology has driven us to tremendous advancements, this post is to guide you that “HOW TO SWITCH GMAIL ACCOUNTS ON CHROME, FIREFOX, AND SAFARI ON PC”.
Table of Contents - Article Hierarchy
Linking multiple Gmail accounts on your browser
Facing the bare reality of the technology-oriented world, it is not a biggie for anyone to have multiple accounts on social and email platforms. Considering Gmail, these days almost every single person have at least two accounts on it. Most commonly people have one for social/personal use and one for office work. However, creating them is not hard but facing reality, when it comes to managing all of them at the same time, IT BECOMES A PAIN IN NECK!
After all, no one can use a different PC for every email address. Hence, here is how Google has blessed you to link your multiple Gmail accounts with one browser.
(Note: if you already have an account logged into your browser, you may skip to bullet five)
Linking the first account to your browser
- First of all, open your Google homepage.
- Navigate to the upper right corner of your screen and push the blue SIGN IN button over there.
- Pushing the SIGN IN button, you will be driven to the empty portals asking for your login credentials, i.e., email ID and password.
- Fill the email and password section and you will successfully link your first account with the browser within seconds.
- Upon successive login, you will be automatically brought back to the homepage where you will find your small profile picture or initials (only if you haven’t added a photo) at the top-right corner of the server.
Linking second and further accounts to your browser
- Click on the profile picture or initials at the top-right corner: A drop-down list will appear to assist you.
- Find the “ADD ACCOUNT” option within it and click on it.
- Doing so will lead you to another empty portal to be filled with your login details. However, this time you have to fill it for the second account.
- Once you have put in the email ID and passwords, you are easily logged into your second Gmail account on the same browser.
- You can repeat this process up to 10 times as google only supports to run 10 Gmail accounts at once.
How to switch between Gmail accounts-Procedure
Coming down to swiping hands between the linked Gmail accounts, read following bullets to get it on your fingertips. After all, no one is amused by typing the passwords again and again.
- Go to the upper-right corner of the page where you will find either, a profile picture or the first Alphabet of your name.
- Click on it and you will have a drop-down menu opened in front of your list with all of your linked accounts to the browser.
- Simply, click over the one you want to use and you will switch between the accounts, effortlessly.
Managing multiple Gmail accounts via chrome users/person
Once you have learned to link and switch multiple Gmail accounts on your browsers, it now comes to managing. In simpler words, apart from switching, how can one open multiple Gmail accounts at the same time? Well, here is how the browsers have blessed you to get it done.
Have a look!
If you are using chrome, you should be great-full to the creators who have coded it with an amazing privacy feature under the tag of “INCOGNITO TAB”. Chrome, being the most widely used browser around the globe has been developed flawlessly with an incognito feature that is to protect your privacy. The tab doesn’t save your browsing and search history.
- Navigate to the top-right corner of the Chrome window, there you will find a MENU option represented by three lines or dots.
- A drop-down list will immediately appear upon clicking the menu, find the INCOGNITO TAB option on the third line of it and CLICK.
- Once you click, you will have another chrome window opened on your PC. However, it may not be identical to the one you used before as it has a black theme.
- Now, you can easily log in to your another Gmail account with this without even logging out from your previously opened Gmail account in the last window.
- This way, a person can log in and make use of multiple accounts at the same minute.
Coming down to Mozilla Firefox, it’s simple again!
- Go to the upper-right side of the window and click on the MENU OPTION that is denoted by three lines
- Select the “NEW PRIVATE WINDOW” option from the list and that’s it: you will have another window opened in front of you.
- You can now easily manage more than one accounts on the same browser at the same time.
That’s all from the Gmail account management and features to support the advancements of our daily life. Having more than one email IDs is now more like a necessity. After all, why suffocate one inbox with a ton of mails when you can juggle and have your things better assorted.
Last but not least, keep one thing in mind that your first logged in Gmail account will remain your default account until you change it yourself by digging into options. Chrome, Firefox, and safari, all of these are embedded with a self-activating feature that is to automatically save the first logged in ID as default. Hence, every time you will open it, you will first be brought to the default one and later, you can switch and manage.