Apple is a prominent and innovative company that has always come up with new features for their patrons. Recently, Apple has introduced the QuickType predictive feature that is undeniably a time saver.
Whatever you type it has the ability to suggest three most likely words that fit your sentence. However, many times iPhone misspells and the wrong word pops up. If you are hassled due to this let’s change the scenario. As you can edit or remove wrong/misspelled words from dictionary predictive text.
Table of Contents - Article Hierarchy
- How to Remove a Word from iPhone Dictionary/Predictive Text for iPhone XS, XS Max, iPhone X, iPhone 8, 8 Plus, 7 and 7 Plus
- Method 1: Auto correct To Fix Predictive Text:
- Method 2: Reset your Keyboard Dictionary:
- Method 3: Keyboard Shortcuts to Fix Predictive Text:
- How to add or delete a phrase in Text Replacements:
- 1. Adding a Phrase to Text Replacements:
- 2. Deleting a Phrase from Text Replacements:
- Method 4: Use a Different Keyboard:
How to Remove a Word from iPhone Dictionary/Predictive Text for iPhone XS, XS Max, iPhone X, iPhone 8, 8 Plus, 7 and 7 Plus
**Note: The best way to make your text error-free is to be attentive while typing any word. By this, the predictive dictionary won’t pick wrong words. If you still end up with the issue there are three ways to solve this.
Method 1: Auto correct To Fix Predictive Text:
Auto Correction is a feature that assures dictionary spell check as you type and correct those words for you. To use it, just type in the text field.
To use this function, follow these steps:
- Open settings app.
- Tap General > Keyboard
- Turn On Auto Correction.
Predictive Text feature is for your help. Eventually, it should learn from the beginning but still, a few spelling mistakes are accessible.
Also Read: How to Rename Photos on iPhone and iPad
Method 2: Reset your Keyboard Dictionary:
Unfortunately, iPhone doesn’t offer a feature to remove a single word from your predictive text. The only way to correct is to either turn off predictive texting or reset your keyboard dictionary.
For this, head on to your iPhone Settings.
- Tap on General
- Scroll down; you will see a Reset Keyboard Dictionary option.
- Now you can fully reset predictive words. Unfortunately, this is only the way.
Method 3: Keyboard Shortcuts to Fix Predictive Text:
Some phrases are used quite commonly. A text replacement can make your job easy. By creating keyboard shortcuts you can type entire sentence by just typing a few characters.
- Open Settings > General
- Keyboard > Text Replacements
The possibilities are endless. You can create them as per your convenience.
For Example: HANDY: have a nice day, LYH: Love You Honey, TC: Take Care etc.
You might also find this helpful: How to Upload Photos & Videos in HD to Facebook on Android and iPhone/iPad
How to add or delete a phrase in Text Replacements:
1. Adding a Phrase to Text Replacements:
- Text Replacements > Tap + > Add Phrase (eg. BRN) > Add Shortcut (eg: busyrightnow) > Save
2. Deleting a Phrase from Text Replacements:
- Text Replacements > Edit > Tap – > Delete > Done
Method 4: Use a Different Keyboard:
If you don’t want to lose your predictive text and at the same time don’t want any error to happen again, the best way is to get another keyboard that has an option to remove predictive text from your prediction suggestion box.
For Example, Swype from the Apple Store will cost you about 0.79 pounds. It is a fantastic keyboard for your iPhone.
I hope these tips were helpful in fixing your problem. If you still have any problem, do write to us in the comment section below.
Related Article: How to Use Your iPhone as PS4 Keyboard