Developed by Epic Games and released in 2017, Fortnite has become one of the most ubiquitous games which can be found across different platforms including PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo switch, PC, Mac, and IOS. However, it has not been a perfect sailing for users, for there have been one or two complaints from fans all over the world. If it is not the connection errors frustrating users, it will be the disconnects, installation problems, or the bugs causing the issues. This has necessitated the need to recognize each error and know the best possible way to fix it.
The most common errors faced by Fortnite Users:
- Excessive Lag
- Fortnite Error 6 and error 0
- Unable to join the login queue in Fortnite
- Error code 20006
- Fortnite payment errors
Here are the best ways to fix these common errors
1. How to Fix Excessive Lag?
This is one of the top issues Fortnite fans do complain about the game. This issue may have more to do with the hardware depending on the platform being used to play the game.
How to fix it?
- The first step towards fixing this common issue is by checking if the pc meets the minimum specs.
- If the PC is of the required specs, then you can check the settings and turn down the resolution depending on the specs.
- Having done these, the internet connection’s speed can be checked using Google’s Speed Test to confirm if the link is standard.
- If the above fixings are not enough, it will be necessary to unblock some specific ports in the firewall that may be vital for running Fortnite. Since Fortnite game recommends that ports 443, 80 and 5222 are open, the numbers can be input in the text box beside specific local ports in the windows firewall after which UE4 can be entered in the name box.
- After clicking finish, the game should launch successfully, and fans can enjoy the game without any hindrance.
However, if the game looks slow due to latency lag, this might be your mobile connection or home network. You can fix this with the following steps:
- The first step is to run a speed test on the device of the Fortnite Battle Lag to confirm the connection speed.
- If it is slow, you can plug into a wired connection
- To have a better connection, you can try moving your router in a bid to make it closer.
- Finally, avoid using a VPN. It might be slowing down your network.
2. How to Fix Fortnite Error 0 and Error 6?
This error is very conversant among Fortnite users and usually prevent them from matchmaking during the game. It is more like a server side error but can be fixed easily by scanning your pc.
How to fix it?
- Open the start menu of your pc
- Type cmd in the search box
- Right click on the cmd and choose open as administrator
- Click scan now
- After the scan is complete, the computer can be restarted.
- The game should be running smoothly after that; however, if the problem persists, uninstall and then reinstall the game.
3. How to Fix “Unable to join login queue” error
Being stuck in the Battle Royale screen without any chance to log in is one of the most frustrating errors Fortnite fans do complain of. This is a server issue and should be rectified by the developers, but it is necessary to find a quick fix before any permanent fix.
How to fix this?
- Navigate to the Fortnite installation directory, i.e., program files>Epic games>Fortnite>Fortnite games>Binaries>Win64
- With the administrator privileges, you can run the FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping.exe file.
- In case this step cause issues to the Fortnite game launcher, you can open the task manager by clicking ctrl+shift+Esc, after which the first and second step can be repeated.
- Following these steps, fans should be able to log in easily and play Fortnite flawlessly.
4. How to Fix Error code 20006?
Fortnite users have reported getting an error message when launching the game. The message which reads ‘’couldn’t start the game. Error code 20006’’ has always been a constraint to fans from playing the game.
How to fix this?
There is more than one method in fixing this kind of error, but whichever way used, they are all effective.
- The first step is navigating to program files/Epic games/Fortnite/FortniteGame/Binaries/Win64/EasyAntiCheat. However, if Fortnite is installed on any other installation directory apart from the default directory, you can browse to the directory
- The second step is to double click on EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe, and this will automatically load an installation system
- Fortnite is to be selected in the drop-down options
- You can then click on the repair service button which will take a few seconds to operate
- Once the repair is concluded, try launching the game on your pc to check if the error persists or not
- Even though this method is highly recommendable and effective, if the error persists, the second method may provide better luck.
Unlike the first method, this method is a way to verify the Fortnite files.
- Navigate to C:/Program Files/Epic Games/Fortnite/FortniteGame/Binaries/Win64/
- Find the file FortniteClient-Win64-shipping.exe and delete it
- Click on Epic Games Launcher
- Select cog on the Launch button just below Fortnite
- Click on verify option from the drop down
- Once the verification process is complete, you can then try launching the game
- This should make the game up and running, but if these methods don’t work, no problem, you can try the third method.
Renaming the anti-cheat file is another method that has worked for many users faced with this error.
- Navigate to C:/Windows/System32/drivers
- Find the EasyAntiCheat.sys file
- Rename this file to another name like EasyAntiCheat_old.sys file
- You can log out of the game or off it altogether
- Log in again and restart Fortnite.
- Your game should be running flawlessly.
Using any of these methods should rectify the Fortnite error code 20006 issues. But if the error persists, it may be that some corrupted files need repairing on your window. Repairing those corrupted files using built-in command might be the last resort in making your Fortnite game up and running.
5. Fortnite payment error
Many users have reported payment difficulties being faced on Fortnite payment, especially when making in-app purchases.
How to fix this?
- The first step is closing the game and relaunching it
- If the problem persists, you can change the match-making region.
To change the matchmaking region, click on Menu/Settings/game tabs/Matchmaking region. Reduce the region to the lowest possible ping, close the settings, and try making the payment.
- Check your account access to know if your payment is not blocked for security reasons
- Update the launcher as this error can appear if the launcher is out of date
- Disable the antivirus or adblocker
- If the problem persists, you can try purchasing a mobile
Fortnite fans playing the game on other platforms like Xbox, PS4, Mac might face difficulty when running the game. For instance, a PS4 user might have trouble while playing Fortnite on his gamepad. However, to rectify the issue, it will be better to clear the PS4 cache, after which the ps4 is to be shut down completely. Unplug the power cable and leave it for like 1-2 minutes. Plug it back, turn it on and let the PS4 download and install the content.
The second way is to uninstall Fortnite Battle Royale, restart the console and then re-install the game. This method also applied to x-box users facing difficulty when running the game.
No matter how perfect a game may be, it will have one error or the other, and that is the same for Fortnite game. But for every error or difficulties faced in the game, there is a way to fix it all. Permanent fixing from the developer may be the dream, but quick fixing from users will make the game up and running all day long.