So tell me this, who does not like downloading stuff from the Internet?
One of the most used tools to download stuff from the internet is the Internet Download Manager which is basically a download manager that takes over from your default download managers on browsers like Google Chrome. But sometimes, the official IDM extension for Chrome bugs out and you will notice that IDM stops working correctly with Chrome.
Fixing this is very easy but the process isn’t very straightforward which is very sad because IDM as a program is used by numerous people on the internet. Today, in this post, we would be guiding you through the process to fix IDM Chrome Integration. This involves installing the official IDM extension for Google Chrome manually.
But let us first take a look at what is Internet Download Manager and some of its most important features.
Table of Contents - Article Hierarchy
Internet Download Manager
Internet Download Manager often referred to as IDM is a tool which lets users easily manage and handle the process of downloading files over the internet. The IDM is one of the most popular download managers for Windows PC at the moment. Let us now take a look at some of the most important features of Internet Download Manager (IDM):
- One click download- this means you just need to click on the on a download link in a browser, and the IDM will take over it.
- Users can schedule their downloads from within the tool.
- IDM offers users the ability to pause and resume the downloads even after restarting your PC. This works with the help of dynamic segmentation that this tool uses.
- The speed of the downloads also gets accelerated as the file is downloading in segments despite of being a single file.
- And much more.
Now, let us take a look at [Fix] IDM Chrome Integration Doesn’t Work – How to Install IDM Chrome Extension Manually.
IDM Chrome Integration Doesn’t Work – How to fix?
Now, the main reason behind the IDM Chrome Integration not working is that you might not have the IDM chrome extension installed or might have some fake extension installed which claims to be by IDM. Anyways, in order to fix this issue, we need to Install IDM Chrome Extension Manually.
How to install Install IDM Chrome Extension Manually?
In order to install IDM Chrome Extension Manually, you need to follow these steps carefully:
- First of all, make sure that you have installed the latest version of the IDM.
- Now, start the IDM on your Windows PC.
- Here, go to Options >> General and make sure that “Use advanced browser integration” and the “Google Chrome” options are checked as in the image below.
- Now, open the Google Chrome browser on your PC.
- Go to the Extensions settings clicking on the Menu >> More Tools >> Extensions. Alternatively, you can simply go to chrome://extensions on your browser.
- Now, open your File Explorer and go to the directory where you have the IDM installed. By default it should be at C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Download Manager.
- From here, drag the file named crt or the IDMGCExt (without tailing file format) to the Google Chrome Extensions window.
- Now, if you are facing any “App, Extensions and user scripts cannot be added from this website error, then simply install the IDM Integration Module Extension from Chrome Web Store and try again.
- Finally, enable the IDM Integration Module Extension.
That’s it, you have successfully fixed the IDM Chrome Integration issue. Using this simple tweak you will be able to fix the IDM and Google Chrome integration and install the Chrome extension for IDM manually.