Alright, so there is no denying the fact that Google Chrome is one of the best and the most popular browsers of all time. There are a lot of features that makes Google Chrome one of the best choices when it comes to a web browser. These features include upgraded tabs, one box for address and search bar, task manager, incognito window and much more.
Well, one of the most useful features of the Google Chrome Browser is the ability to save passwords. Unfortunately, this feature is not working properly for some users. They are not able to update their saved passwords. It looks like that you are also one of them. Today, in this post, we would be covering the issue related to Chrome where Chrome doesn’t update saved passwords.
Let us first take a look at the What is Chrome’s Saved Password Manager and how it works.
Chrome’s Password Manager
Chrome Saved Password Manager is a feature by Google for its browser which lets the user save their account credentials for various sites. The main motive behind the introduction of this feature was to make the task of managing various account credentials easier for the users.
The account username/ email and passwords are stored in the user’s Google account. This ensures that they are secure. Whenever you visit a site which requires a login and as soon as you enter details and hit the login button, your browser asks you to whether save the entered credentials or not. If you allow it to store the credentials, next time when you’ll visit the same site, the browser will give you an option to autofill previously saved credentials.
So this was a brief intro about the Chrome Saved Password Manager and how it really works. Now, let us get to the issue which many users are facing with it nowadays. The issue is that they are not able to update their saved passwords after changing their account credentials. So let us now take a look at how to fix the same. Should we?
Fix “Chrome Doesn’t Update Saved Passwords”
Here’s a step by step guide on how you can fix chrome doesn’t update saved passwords issue:
- First of all, you need to start the Google Chrome browser on your PC.
- Now, go to the Settings clicking on the menu and selecting Settings Alternatively, you can simply go to chrome://settings/ on your browser.
- Here, click on the Passwords
- Make sure that the option for Offer to save passwords is enabled.
- Now, scroll down to the Never Saved passwords section.
- Here, remove the website for which you are unable to update your password by clicking on the cross icon next to it.
- Get back to the website and enter the updated credentials. The Google Chrome should prompt you this time around to update your password.
- That’s it! You have successfully fixed Google Chrome’s Saved Passwords update issue.
So that’s it guys, this is how you can fix the issue where Chrome doesn’t update saved passwords. Once this process has been carried out, the passwords will be saved automatically from next time onwards.